Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 2, 2013

Ah, Home

The air conditioner is being replaced today. I'll need to pay a huge amount of money. It seems that after consulting with my money advisor I need to downsize. So by this time next year I'll have this place cleaned out and painted and ready to sell. Come hell or high water. Brian and I would love a one story house with a much larger yard for the dogs. I'm nervous about moving. Been here 24 years. But I will just have to pull my big girl panties up and do it. Damn.

3 comments:

silvergirl said...

How fun are those pants??
Brett

Kathleen said...

Change is nerve-wracking to be sure, but if you let go of the stress, you can focus on the fun: new furnishings, new appliances, new paint and landscaping! And even if you can't afford to buy new, your old stuff will seem new repositioned in a new space! Plus, it keeps life from being boring. Though I'll be honest, I don't envy you the cleaning out and packing ;-)

Unknown said...

Good luck with the downsizing. We just did that recently only on a bigger scale. Well, we moved from a smaller house than you're in now (rented) to an even smaller 2 bedroom apartment. But it felt reeeeeally good to get rid of STUFF that we didn't use or need and be able to actually fit in here. We're saving tons of money and we found a place that we really like, suits us, and feels like home. It was a lot of work, but totally worth it.