Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, May 28, 2010

Just another day





I'm going to the doctor today. Such fun. He really is fun. He has a Corgi dog too and I love joking with him. Anyway, I've been living with this problem long enough. Time to fix it.

It is supposed to be in the upper 80's here today. The weather people post all of the weather info and they often include what the average temps are for the day. We seem to be either way over or way under so far this year. 2 summers ago we were fighting drought. Last summer/year we had 14 inches of rain over the average. This year we are back in drought mode. Is it any wonder the farmers are having a hard time?

This summer promises to be more upbeat than last year. We were significantly underfunded last year and passed on many opportunities to do things because of the cost. This summer, we are slightly more comfortable. Therefore the mountains will see much more of me. As will the lake. The place we go in the mountains is similar to the main roads of the Smokies. However, there are lots of gravel and dirt trails we take. We took the truck up there many times. It is 4 wheel drive so no getting stuck. Last year the streams, rivers, and small lakes were at an all time high with the extra rain we got. The leaves were dark green, the water was moving quickly, and the sounds of the water and the fauna made our trips so enchanting. I could go there once a week and never get tired of it.

My girls live in Florida now. I guess in the future I will get a chance to compare how relaxed I get at the beach to how relaxed I get in the mountains. Sounds like fun!

No comments: