Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, May 27, 2010

This is the day

I drove out to the lake today to visit a friend. I love good conversation with good friends. It has been a beautiful day and I was happy to relax and gab a bit. And as an added pleasure I was treated to some of the most beautiful wild roses I have ever seen growing along the road. Of course, here in Tennessee there are lots of wild flowers, hence the allergies. But this seems to be a banner year for the wild roses. I saw 4 different colors. I wished I had my camera or some scissors. And in addition there were huge bunches of purple sweet peas. I could have made such a terrific bouquet.

My friend has a camper on the lake during the summer months. We sat inside because I wasn't really dressed for sun but there are chairs that face the lake and a pair of binoculars. The geese are there but there weren't many people boating. The water is still a bit chilly. East Tennessee has some of the prettiest lakes anywhere. It was nice to be there and relax.

No comments: