Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, August 26, 2010

My day out

Despite the soaring temps this summer I have managed to get out. But I waited till the soaring temps soared a little less. I have a habit of thinking of stuff I want to do and then not doing it. I can't say how many books I have bought over the years to make jewelry, dolls, and other crafts. I have made a few things. Most weren't so good so I quit. I sort of left out the part about getting better with practice.

One of the plans I am putting into place is getting out of the house for a day trip. I don't necessarily need to be gone all day. But I do want some stimulation. The other plan involves working in the studio. So for my first day trip I decided to check out the craft and art stores in town. Sort of combining the two plans.

It's amazing what can be found in a craft store now. I've been doing a lot of shopping online and it is a quick and easy do. But in wandering through the craft stores, I got more new ideas and found products I never knew existed. I have seen many new things on the blogs but being able to touch things puts a whole new perspective on things.

I am announcing that my first day out has been a success.

No comments: