Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, September 3, 2010

I'm so excited

Hey Ho Wabbadoo! It's Friday. And it is supposed to rain and the temp is supposed to go down into the 70's today and tomorrow. And I am going to go outside and jump up and down. Well maybe not the jumping part. Anyway, I've been waiting for this since April. A decent temp to go out and grill. Or to go out and shop. Or to go out and play. Or to go out and just stand and enjoy the new deck that we had added to our house not long before the 90's showed up. O how wonderful to sit on that wonderful deck in my wonderful chair and not drip. O how elating it will be to see the sky blue and no smog. I want to be everywhere at once.

I live in Knoxville, Tennessee---Home of the Vols of the University of Tennessee. They play their first game Saturday. Everyone will be wearing orange and white. Everyone except me. I don't like football particularly. But I do enjoy the excitement of the crazy orange and white outfits and all the flags flying on the houses and cars. When I hear "It's football time in Tennessee" my blood moves a bit faster. Even tho I don't watch the game. There is just something about it.

This weekend is Labor Day weekend. Boomsday here in Ktown. You know, a huge fireworks show. On top of the first ballgame, we have another big event. Oh how those lovely folks in New York City and Chicago, etc, must envy us our culture here. Don't you just know they are all wishing they were here. Well give us another 6 weeks and many will be here. This weekend is the beginning of the slide into Fall. And here in East Tennessee Fall is a big deal. All sorts of festivals, crafts fairs, and arts options are starting up with the new season. So this week to come, my foray into the outside world will be to two art galleries that I have loved and missed going to. I will include what pics I can.

The time is rushing by. Got to go clean the darned house.

No comments: