Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, September 25, 2010

Rain, Rain

After a whole summer of 90 degrees, and I mean every single day, we have the approach of Fall in the forecast. I knew I had always hated really hot days. I lived in South Florida for 6 years and sort of got used to it but as I have gotten older that has changed. This summer I hated the hot and sunny and muggy weather so much that I didn't even go out when I didn't have to. Every day I would watch the news to see if there would be a break in the heat. I became obsessed with having a forecast of cool weather, cool being the 80's.

It's here. It's finally here. We went to the mountains to get away from the heat. The mountains were hot and dry. I wept.

It's here. It's finally here. We can stay home and be cooler. All summer I did my shopping via computer in the air conditioned coolness of my home. I did find out it is way too easy to buy stuff by computer.

It's here. I watched the news yesterday and there are no 90's in the forecast. Thank the Lord.

Enough about the weather. I am on a tear to get onto my plan to go out once a week for a look and see trip. Art galleries, antique and gift shops, etc. Since I made the plan I have let it slide because I hate the heat so much. But from now on I will be doing a Wednesday jaunt and enjoying the wonders of East Tennessee. I have decided to keep the small car on this day and in spite of the gas prices I am going to check out areas and small towns nearby. And I am looking forward to it.

No comments: