Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, December 6, 2012

Cover it up

Cardigans have made huge changes and I am glad. I remember the sweater sets that have been in and out for many years. I've loved the letter sweater type for forever. And I've been taken by the smaller cardigan that's been popular in the last few years. I especially love the print ones that add so much to a simple outfit. But there was a change in a lot of the clothing with the advent of the irregular hemline. And I find it more to my liking in that it doesn't hit at the wrong place on me and stay there. In the third pic the sweater is just that. It hits and stays right with my big rump. And it buckles under my oversize waist.

Now folks, just because my shape is not great doesn't mean I want to call attention to that fact. The sweater in the top two pics makes me feel less over than usual. I got the sweater on sale and I didn't really like it because of the zigzag pattern. But the fact that the pattern is sometimes horizontal and sometimes nearly vertical in the front makes it better for me. I saw that it was on sale and jumped on it never thinking that
it would be a favorite. And then of course I had to find some
things to wear it with. Not a problem in my heavily black wardrobe. Anyway It's my favorite of the weird sweaters.

 This sweater is really not a sweater at all but a jacket/shirt thing I got at Walmart a couple of years ago. It's cotton, hence the fading. But it's just the right weight for home. It will retire soon. In some ways being older is good in that we can poopoo what is thought about us when we wear old worn and loved clothes.
Kohl's is a  wonderful place for us plus sizes. With JCPenney, Kohl's is able to provide some stylish and pretty items for a reasonable price. This sweater jumped into my basket almost without me noticing. A really lightweight sweater, it too is great for home.It looks orange but is really a red/gold combo. And that staggered hemline is again helping hide my multi-lumps. I'm in love with it.

There are sweater dresses, sweater coats, mittens and boot socks, and leggings also in the sweater lineup. But around here the temp is a bit too temperate to go there.

5 comments:

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I like those sweaters on you a lot. They are very, very flattering and gorgeous colors. It took me a while to warm up to similar sweaters, but now I like them quite a bit. It has been too warm here for sweaters but with colder weather coming, I am looking forward to getting out one of my favorite cozy sweaters.

Shybiker said...

That last sweater is super-cute. I like Kohl's too and shop there often. Plus, they keep sending me $10 gift cards!

Unknown said...

I LOVE those staggered hemlines on you. I especially love the colors in that last sweater. I discovered, what I call, the waterfall sweaters when I thrifted a gray/white striped one a few months ago. I like them because they hang down and cover part of my chubby thighs. :)

Unknown said...

Okay...looking at the photos again...I must say that I really do like the plum and black colors in that first sweater also. Very pretty and seem to be popular colors this season.

Megan G said...

I love the first and third cardigan so much! The colors really look great on you and are super flattering. I was never a cardigan girl growing up, but the new updated cardigans have wormed their way into my closet and I love them - trendy or not.