Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, January 10, 2008

Rain

There is a new day here. It is really raining. In this part of the country, that means a lot. I never really knew what to think about the weather except how to dress for the day. Now I am finding that I am more aware of the ozone layer, global warming, acid rain, rainforest depletion, land fills, greenhouse gasses, and rain. I cannot make any changes in the well-being of mother Earth. I can't make rain or tell it to stop. I can't make the day hotter or colder. I can't make it sunny or cloudy. But I can change the setting on the air conditioner, use real bags instead of plastic, drive as little as possible, plant a tree where possible, use recycled items, recycle, and look for ways to leave less of a footprint on the Earth.

I used to want to leave a lot of things for my children to remember me by. Now I want to leave as little as possible of those things and to have my children remember me by how hard I worked to make the world better.

No comments: