Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 5, 2012

A good day

Labor Day was a good day. I spent it with my honey and we laughed and talked and did one on one without the computer or tv getting in the way. It's amazing how much doesn't work if everything is done with half the mind elsewhere. I received the gift of totally unconditional love and I treasure it. Labor Day is one for the memory books.

I don't usually list where I get the things I wear. So I'll talk about that for a bit here. I do a lot of shopping online. Because of my knees, back, and weight, going out to shop has been like pulling teeth. And facing the mirrors in the dressing rooms is awful. I had to go try on swim suits a couple of years ago. Damn.

I got a suit but my stomach still hurts thinking about it.

I get many of my things from Home Shopping network. I like the slinky knits and the CSC studio has the best I have found. Also I am finding Susan Graver has some great things on QVC. And Kohls, Steinmart, and even Ross. So there are places to go. However, I'm disappointed in the offerings sometimes. I'm seeing a lot of polka dots, and mustard, and terra cotta colors on the computer. In small sizes. And not in stores. Drat. I finally found a mustard top at Kohls. But I so want more of that color. I got a terrific necklace from Ebay. It goes great with the mustard. A good Fall combo.

I have lately discovered more and more things I want from some local places. I'll take pics and talk about them soon. Jewelry and bags are so important to me. It's gonna be fun to share my collections.
 


2 comments:

Debbi@SheAccessorizesWell said...

I love the necklace! I too have been looking for some mustard and a brick color pant. No go in my size. Why do mfgrs think plus size women want only black and brown?
I really like your hair (of course it reminds me of mine only darker, ha!) But, sincerely, it does look great on you.

Amber said...

thats a very pretty necklace. I do a lot of online shopping too. Its much more pleasant than having to go to the mall and deal with the crowds.