Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Wednesday, September 26, 2012

Have I ever

Have I ever seen a picture of myself that I liked? Well, not many. I'm very hard on myself and I am not improving on that as much as I would like.

Today I'm showing a top and a pair of earrings that I love. The top came from Kohl's and the earrings are from Charming Charlie. I have several things from both places now. And I'm usually very pleased with them. I saw a bag from Charlie's on ephemera  and loved it. It was a couple of years ago. I couldn't get that bag out of my mind. It had floral on a dark background and leather trim. Anyway, I looked up Charlie's on the internet and there was nothing around here. Alas, I gave up on the bag but put the name into my memory. I really wanted to find the store. And finally I did. It opened here in Knoxville last April. I'm in love. I love going there but I haven't been able to go without buying something so far. So you will see things in the future.


The fabric in the top I'm wearing and the style are very soft and feminine. I absolutely love the way I feel in it. I can almost convince myself I'm gorgeous wearing it.

That is the point. I am finding that there is a gap between the way I feel like I look and the way I do look. And there is a gap in the way I look to myself in the bathroom mirror and the way photos show me. And it bothers me. I don't know if it is because of movement when I'm seeing myself live. Or if the camera really does make me look ten pounds heavier, as I've heard. But whatever it is, I am not happy with photos. So I avoid them. I get up in the morning, get dressed and put on makeup and jewelry. I'm going to take photos. And at about three in the afternoon, I realize that I'm not going to take pics so I take off the jewelry and just slump into another fit of the procrastinator. Damn am I good at putting things off.

1 comment:

Sheila said...

Thanks for the shout-out, Judy! I have no idea what Charlie's is (pretty sure we don't have that store in Canada), and I don't remember that bag. Sorry!