Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Tuesday, October 24, 2017

Not interested

I have actually finally acknowledged that I'm not interested in being like others and I'm OK with that. I have a collection of purses, which I'm going to sell, and a wardrobe full of clothes I thought were going to make me feel stylish. I have many many statement necklaces. I go so few places I have several that I've never worn. All of these things I spent money on with the hope I would finally feel stylish and like others I have seen. Mostly on TV or the computer. The acquisition of these things has become a burden. I don't want to change purses every time I go out. I don't want to spend a lot of time in my closet digging out presumed stylish things to wear when I go out. I'm overwhelmed by the amount of STUFF I have.

I thought that if I read books and discovered my signature style things would get easier. Boy was I wrong. I can't have a signature style because I get bored easily. Wearing similar stuff all of the time would bore me to tears. So I'm going to go with things that I really love, pieces that I can use many ways and things I feel good in. And that brings me to the next thing I have decided. I'm going to use the things I don't love to wear for other things. Some will be donations to charity. Some will be turned into upcycled/recycled things. Some will be sold on ebay, and some on consignment. But I'm going to get the monkey off my back by hook or crook.

I thought having lots of things to choose from when it came to my wardrobe would be lots of fun. But I've discovered it's really a pain in the neck. Oh well, live and learn.

No comments: