Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Friday, September 12, 2008

Just an example.

Last week I was fired from my job. I admit that I did rest my eyes sometimes when at work but I didn't sleep. After all, who could. I wouldn't let myself do it because I snore so loud. It would be too embarassing. Anyway, I no longer have to get up and go to work at a job I hate. Truly hate!
So what now? I grin a lot. Haven't needed nearly as much antidepressant. Maybe won't need any. I am looking forward to my days. I've been cleaning house and cooking and enjoying the things I never felt energy enough to do before. I am cleaning out the rooms of the house one at a time and amazingly enough the job doesn't seem as overwhelming as it did before.

I have learned a good lesson about life because of the loss of the job. I need money to pay bills. I don't have enough to stay home for good and retire right now. However there is something worth so much more and that is time. I have time to enjoy cooking, and cleaning, etc. I am 63. I would love to have 20 or 30 more good years to enjoy life. I wasn't enjoying even a moment of life while I was working at a job I hated. I was so miserable at the thought of working 3 more years until retirement that I was working myself up at the thought. But I thought I had no options. Ha! When the boss says you're fired, you start digging up options. Everyone has options all the time. We just can't always see them. Thank God for bosses who are idiots. His actions made it possible for me to see the options for happiness. I am just too easily lulled into status quo. The marriage ended and my life improved immediately. I learned nothing from it. So here I am again. The job ended and am I going to learn this time? You bet I am! Here's to the future!

No comments: