Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, February 14, 2009

Happy Valentines Day

I am excited about today. My honey gave me 3 valentines and between the 3 he managed to say everything I ever needed to hear. I am really ashamed of the one I gave him. There are so many things to say about why I love him, they wouldn't fit on one card. But those things are sort of private anyway. I am just so grateful to be loved the way I am by him, the family, and my friends. I am a very lucky person and the gifts that have been given to me are nothing but miraculous. There is always a reason that things happen in the world. I can only think that I am ready for another growth spurt with the terrific loved ones standing close behind me. I am not going to get into a religious discussion because my beliefs are part of my most intimate thoughts and I am uncomfortable sharing. But I am truly happy to share the high level of gratitude present in my life. I was asked by an acquaintance how I could be so happy when I and my partner are out of work. For some reason I have never understood how complaining and being unhappy about things could enhance me. I used to be a profoundly unhappy person, searching all over for a way to become happy. I looked everywhere but the right places. I am so lucky to have found the answers. I looked to myself and the good things in my life and I have since found too many things to be happy about. So I am happy. Love is the single greatest gift given to mankind in my opinion. It can be seen in every nook and cranny of this great planet, both in the things man does and in the wonderful world we have been given. What's not to love?

No comments: