Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Monday, February 9, 2009

It's a beautiful day.



I am really looking forward to starting my day. I am sitting here with my cup of coffee and enjoying a few moments of peace. It is supposed to be 70 degrees here today with not much wind and a few clouds. Signs of a False Spring but the birds and I don't care. Any day there is warm enough weather to go outside and sit for a while is a good day. Any day it is ok to just listen to birdsong is an excellent day. I won't be able to make the coffee last all day but at least the relaxed feeling will just settle in with me.

I am so interested in going outside because I have been hiding from the sun for a number of years. The reasons for that are pretty varied. My Dad died of Melanoma and that was the result of sun exposure and moles. Also, I pretty much hate wrinkles. And I have gained a lot of weight. And I get hot easily. But I am not happy with the results of staying indoors. I have become a very large wimp and I don't like that about myself. So I am determined to change that. The very beautiful man pictured here is my partner and I have found him to be very loving no matter what I look like and if for no other reason, I am refusing to hide anymore. Also I think I will be happier and have a better outlook on life if I do not hide myself in my house. I am discovering, partly because of the many countries represented in this blog space, that there are so many wonderful things to do and see outside this house that I need to get on with it. So here goes!!!!!!!

No comments: