Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, June 13, 2009

Hair today, gone tomorrow

hair. HAIR. How can I do good hair? I am doing OK with polymer hair. But I'm trying to use hair for hair. And not a wig, but hair. And glue. And it is hard to do. Really hard to do. Every head I'm working on is a different size and the idea of a wig is really appealing but a total impossibility. Poly clothes are hard enough without the additional hair problem. I have decided to ask for help. From any reader out there who has an idea of how to attach hair without it seeming glued down.

Today, I work on hands and feet. I've been putting it off because some of the figures are quite small. Time to give my little people hands and feet. I read that the Creagers have real feet inside the shoes. That is to be one of my goals. The problem is procrastination. If I don't think I can do a good job, I put it off. OK, today my people get hands and feet. I'm sure they will be happy.

2 comments:

Tabitha Corsica said...

I'm not totally clear on what you're trying to do. Instead of wool or some other form of "hair" used in dollmaking, you are wanting to use real human hair? Which begs the question...why??

I know human hair is used for people sized wigs and even in some large dolls, but I've been lead to believe it is doesn't lend itself to "miniature" or small dolls very well for a variety of reasons.

And I don't think using human hair makes a doll anymore special or valuable or well made than if another material is used. Why make yourself crazy? Especially when, if your life is anything like mine, there are so many other people just waiting to do it for you.... ;o)

Tabitha

Misty's Creations said...

Hi I was reading about the hair, Think about this, for hair to be in proper relation in size with your doll, if you used human hair on a doll the thickness of each strand would be like us walking around with these thick strands of hair on our heads! Check out this sight,http://www.msplinks.com/MDFodHRwOi8vd3d3LmRvbGxzb29tLmNvbS8= They have wigs, very cool wigs for tiny dolls. Also Linda Smith has hair tutorials, and a place called Arctic fantasy.com (I have a link on my blog)sells angora goat hair, Beautiful hair for dolls! You glue it in rows starting at the base of the skull and working your way up, then style it as you wish after all your hair has dried. Linda has wonderful pictures and even gives you the glue product names! Good luck, I hope that helps.Cheers,
Misty