Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Sunday, October 28, 2012

I finally did it.

 I have always hated to try on things in the store. The last group of bras I bought were in boxes and from WalMart. But they had long since passed their last legs. And they had long since allowed my front to sag and flatten. I put on a top and looked in the mirror. My grandmother looked back at me. I've always skimped on undergarments. I had a large chest from the 6th grade on and mom always took me to the store when those things were on sale. It was a guess as to whether we could choose the right thing. I wore a 36DD in high school. The pointy cotton things. They had to be ordered for me because evidently I was weird. Maybe that is where I began to want to hide my obvious assets.

I actually haven't had a bra fitting until I went to Penneys and a lovely woman showed me how to measure for a new bra. And for the first time in a long time I have bras that put the girls up where they belong. I don't plan on getting a lift or anything like that. Too expensive.

The price of the bras I got was cut by $10 from retails found elsewhere. I was able to find them online and can order them when I need new ones.

While I'm on the topic, I have to say the store was a whole new experience for me. I have not gone to the store much because of the problems with my back. I have to sit sometimes when it starts hurting and there aren't enough places to sit in most stores. I know to go to the shoe dept or a dressing room. But the items at the store were really nice quality and good prices. When I walked in the store manager welcomed me and asked what I needed. She took me to the lingerie department and introduced me to the sales person. The sales person had a certificate in fitting lingerie. It was a great experience. I was able to visit some other departments and had good luck with things on sale and nice quality. Checkout was a breeze. In other words, after a difficult period, I think JCP is turning around their stores. Service was great. I don't know if all stores are doing this, but the one at Turkey Creek in Knoxville, Tn is.

I can't show all of the brand names I own because I don't own many. I'm not able to afford Michael Kors, Chanel, and most of the things I see on the blogs. I do enjoy looking at them and then I try to take aspects of some of the looks and make them my own. For instance, I had seen mustard colored clothing in a lot of blogs. So I bought a top with mustard in it. It shrank a lot. Now it is destined for the redo bag. And I finally found another one I like. Yay. I saw some crazy super shoes online and found some cheap at a local store that looked like them. Yay. I finally saw enough leopard print that I actually like it now and was able to find some leopard slacks that fit and feel good. Yay. And yesterday I was finally able to find a navy/natural striped sweater similar to many I had seen. It was in the men's department at the local Goodwill store for $2. I am so happy to be doing things this way because I actually like a challenge. And if I had the money to rush out and buy the brand name things off the rack I don't think the challenge would be much fun for me.

I would like to thank those of you who read my blog and those who comment. I enjoy seeing the opinions of others and I often learn new things from them.

1 comment:

Birdie said...

I desperately need new bras! I have been fitted but they were still uncomfortable. *sigh*