Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wondering

I am wondering if anyone else gets the urges that I get. When I travel to another person's home and I come home, the first thing I want to do is clean my own house. I know I get ideas from others but this goes deeper than that. This goes to dirt. Of course it's fun to redecorate. And just moving a few things around can make a huge difference. But more than that, I guess I notice what other people will see if they are in my house. So I came home and started cleaning.

My Florida visit was wonderful. I got to see both my daughters and my son-in-law, who is just a doll. I also saw Marlee and Kingston, grandchildren. And I got to visit Eric's(son-in-law) Mom and her husband John. There I saw a true green thumb at work. I just don't know how to grow things like that. I forget to water, etc. They live in St Mary's Ga and the town is simply beautiful. I would move there in a heartbeat. Eric's Mom has transformed the outside of the house into a wonderland that is often visited by neighborhood raccoons, birds, etc. And the inside is a relaxing southern home. I always feel good there.

Anyway, after I got home to the welcome of the century from my VSO(very significant other) Brian, I felt the need to rest so I did. Then as I was taking my rest, I could suddenly see the dust bunnies, dirty windows, etc and it was time to start. I am happy to say things are going well in the studio now that I have found the work table again. And I got a couple of books on tape because my brain needs some meaningful noise to work. So Hi Ho, Here we go. I am excited to get back to work. I have trouble switching gears as I get older and so when expecting grandchild, that is where my focus was. But now, freedom from the large stressors of the last few months has left me really happy. Thanks to all of you for listening. Judy

2 comments:

nikkinikkinikki72 said...

I too have this happen to me and get the cleaning bug. I especially get it if i visit my neighbour that lives in a tip.
If i visit somebody that has a very pretty house i come home and have visions of making my house pretty too.
Pretty doesnt last long because the three boys tend to spoil everything.
I am also glad you had a beautiful time while away with good company and surroundings you enjoy.
It all sounds lovely.
I am sorry i have not visitied sooner but i have been having trouble leaving comments on blogs. Sometimes it works but nearly all the time comment boxes are missing and i can't leave anything.
Sending my best wishes to you, Nikki x

Julia and Hywel said...

Hands up, I get the cleaning bug too. Problem is, Hubby is still off work recovering from his accident and has taken over the cleaning whilst I am in work. Some days its great, other days, I want to say just leave me do it propely!! Don't want to hurt his feelings though....
Love your blog, will be visiting more often if thats ok :-)
Julia x