Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Saturday, April 23, 2011

I don't have much of a life.


The big excitement of the day was going to get Cheyenne at the vet. No, she's not hurt. She was spayed on Thursday. And she has run into everything in the house since she came home. And she has scared the corgi to death with that satellite dish she's wearing. Cody doesn't like anything new.

I am a firm believer in spaying and neutering. There are several reasons for this. First I do think the world is already overpopulated. People who get a pet dog or cat and just let them run loose have contributed to the problem of pets starving to death, or attacking other pets and people. I am also a firm believer that if I take responsibility for an animal's life, I must do my best for that animal. It's not like they can do anything to make their existence better. Only we humans can do that.

I have watched Animal Cops, etc. I am amazed at the horrible treatment that they  receive. I often look at the people who go to court to get their animals back and wonder what were they thinking.  I find myself looking at horses where every bone shows and wonder how they could be 200 pounds underweight and no one noticed. There is no excuse.

Just when non animal lovers say, loudly, but what about humans being treated poorly. And I agree with them. No one has the right to beat, starve, kill, injure, or in other ways damage another person no matter what the age. I believe this with all my heart. And I have no respect for anyone who thinks they are better than or more important than anyone else.

But I need to get out more. I dreamed about a serial killer the other night. I have watched every Criminal Minds show and most of the true crime shows. I have doted on the CSI shows. I have been reading vampire books, true crime books, and crime novels. I heard  or read somewhere that what you put into your mind determines how you live your life. And it makes sense. I've been putting crime against humans and animals into my mind daily. It's no wonder I'm dreaming about serial killers.

I am going to the mall today. Not to shop. Since my surgery I need to get out more. And I need to watch people. Regular people who aren't commiting crimes. And kids with their families. I need to see pretty Spring colors. I need to be able to walk some and to find a place to sit when I need to. So to the mall. I don't mean to hide my head in the sand. But I must find a happy medium. So pre-Easter shoppers will provide some good vibes.

Happy Easter to all.

5 comments:

Ofelia said...

Judy, its very sad how some people treat animals as well as other people.
Have you thought about getting involve in a volunteer program at your church or community center? What about any animal shelter in your area? I know that now you are recuperating but when you get better; many of this kinds of organizations need help.

Karen said...

I agree with you on the treatment of animals and humans. Have fun at the mall and have a great weekend. I am your 60th follower. Thanks for following my blog.

nazelet said...

It's strange to me when people say "but what about people who . . ." It's not a competition. It's not that we choose one over the other. It's sometimes weird how people think "either/or".
Have a good time at the mall. I love getting out to malls sometimes - not to shop but to watch the people! I all it "washing my eyes". Better than tv. I am giving up on tv and newspapers. Now i just pray. How is your knee doing?
I like Opelia's idea's. I'm looking into something like that myself.
Hapy Easter my dear.

nazelet said...

It's strange to me when people say "but what about people who . . ." It's not a competition. It's not that we choose one over the other. It's sometimes weird how people think "either/or".
Have a good time at the mall. I love getting out to malls sometimes - not to shop but to watch the people! I all it "washing my eyes". Better than tv. I am giving up on tv and newspapers. Now i just pray. How is your knee doing?
I like Opelia's idea's. I'm looking into something like that myself.
Hapy Easter my dear.

Rose @ Confessions of a Curbshopaholic said...

Ah yes, the cone of shame...whoever invented these was a genious, but I swear my dog has decided to beat us with her cone to get us to take it off!
I'm a fellow believer in animal rescue and taking responsibiliy for those who cannot speak up for themselves. Hope you had a fun day at the mall! your dog is a cutie! Glad it wasn't something that needs a long rehab.