Pinterest

Follow Me on Pinterest

Thursday, April 21, 2011

There are zippers on my pants



I opened the box of clothes that I put away at the end of last summer. I had purchased a top with tank at Walmart. It still had the tags on it. And I put it on and loved it. It has some iridescent threads running through. And it's obviously see thru. Hence the tank. I know it's not lace. But it has the feeling of being lacy. A really girly look. But then the tone down with the zippers on the pants.

I have also colored my hair a little darker and I am letting it grow out some. The really short hair is great for the ease. But I've never felt womanly in very short hair. The color I was going for looks great on the girls I have seen in blogs. I wanted total white. But I am not a girl. And I decided I look better with a little darker hair. So medium blonde is the new color. I prefer Preference because my hair feels better after I use it.

With hair color the almost right color, now I work on length and style. I usually have a major change in hair about every 6th or 7th visit to the stylist. I get bored easily. This blogging thing would ordinarily have ended after about 6 weeks. But the blogs are so much fun to read and I'm learning so much I don't want to quit. Back to hair. I am very sensitive about looking fat and old. I know it's hard to hide fat and old. And I have found that I am nowhere as innovative as I had thought. Not even close. So the blog is showing that hair color comes across as lighter than the mirror shows it and the style is downright matronly on me and I'm still fat. And old. Sometimes I despair of ever getting a good feeling about my looks again.

The best thing about Spring and Summer is those boxes of things that were put away at the end of the last warm season. I don't like hot weather. I don't own a decent pair of shorts. I don't intend to stay at home all the time like I did last year. Last year was the second hottest on record here. But there is always the mall. This year I have promised myself to get out more, move more, and look better doing it. So back to the boxes.

Unfortunately, up until I began to blog about fashion I had bought whatever would go on my body and cost the least. Walmart is great for somethings but I think being a bit more choosy would have made a great big difference. So I have come up with a plan for this year. I will not buy anything I haven't tried on. I will not buy anything that doesn't fit right and look good. And I will apply that to my current wardrobe. This week and next is a time to try on the things I have and decide what to do with them. For anyone in a 1X, 2X, or 3X, there will be a lot on ebay.

There will also be a large number of fairly expensive and not so expensive accessories to include bags and jewelry listed on ebay. It was great while it lasted but my need now is for money and not more stuff. I was looking at some closets on the blogs and I can't find anything in mine. And I have about 30 or 40 too many bags. And my jewelry, well that is another story. And my clothes. I have 5 pairs of brown pants. 5 pairs of brown pants that are in no way fitted properly. So because of the blogs I am getting started on turning pants into shorts, into capris that fit, and into slim pants. Thanks to the blog, I am learning so much I may even put zippers on another pair of pants.

Good day to you!

5 comments:

Amber said...

looking good. I love this top on you, the sheen looks so very pretty.

Ofelia said...

Judy, really like the hair color on you!
Have a lovely and fun Easter weekend,

Jahn 'n Style said...

that sheer white to looks really good on you :)

###### said...

we can all learn so much from blogs huh..i need to learn to sew FAST. Also wanted to thank you for your comment. Hubby smiled when he read it.

cheeky rose said...

Great post, blogging is great for making changes and challenging your look. If you fancy a trying something new have look at my shop, you can have 20% an item of your choice

Happy Easter